Cameron Hall Compensation Lawyers | Photoshoot


What are “public liability” claims

Common type of public liability claims include:

  • Injury in public places (parks, sidewalks etc);
  • Injury in private property (shopping malls, private homes);
  • Injury at rental property (tenant vs landlord);
  • Injury due to animal attack;
  • Injury within school property;
  • Injury at amusement parks, concert venues etc;
  • Food poisoning.

If you sustain an injury in circumstances not covered above, contact us at 07 5665 6392 for a free case review.

Who do we claim against?

In most cases, it is the insurer of the person, company or government entity at fault.

Are there time limits in bringing a claim?

Yes. In Queensland the time limit is 3 years from the date of incident. There is a very high risk that if you do not meet this dateline that you will be barred indefinitely from bringing a claim resulting from the subject incident.

It must be noted as well there are also time limits within the legislation itself that needs to be met. As such in all cases where an injury has occurred we highly recommend that legal advice is sought as soon as possible.

Contact us for a free initial consultation and case review.

What can I claim for?

  • Pain and suffering (also known as general damages);
  • Past and future out of pocket expenses;
  • Past and future loss of income;
  • Care given, including gratuitous care (subject to certain conditions).

There are specific legislation, rules and tables used in calculations of the above.

As experts in personal injury claims our lawyers are highly experienced in obtaining all relevant information and assess your claim.

I have an existing injury or medical condition. Can I still make a claim?

Technically yes. You are entitled to make a claim for an aggravation (worsening) of a current condition or injury.

There are however many things to consider in these circumstances. Contact us and speak to our experienced lawyers for a free initial consultation and case review.


*Please consider the above advice as general in nature and may not be applicable in every situation. It is recommended that you seek professional legal advice.